Adapted from this Martha Stewart recipe, this sun-dried tomato pasta salad is perfect for parties or picnics. I made it on the 4th of July and couldn't stop eating it! Note: this recipe makes A LOT so cut it in half if you aren't making it for a party.
- 16 oz. campanelle pasta (one box)
- 1 cup olive oil plus more for drizzling
- 20-25 sun dried tomatoes in oil, drained
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon salt-packed capers, rinsed
- 4 cloves coarsely chopped garlic
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup kalamata olives, pitted and halved
Cook the entire box of pasta until al dente. Drain, drizzle with olive oil until coated, and refrigerate while you prepare the sauce.
Pulse sun dried tomatoes, vinegar, capers, and garlic in a food processor until you create a thick paste.
With the machine running, slowly add olive oil and process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
Combine pasta, sauce, tomatoes, and olives. Serve chilled.