I mentioned on Sunday that I took a trip to San Diego for my cousin's 1st birthday party over the weekend. For his present, I decided to make some letter pillows that spelled his name. Because my sewing skills are far from advanced, the pillows did not turn out as planned but I actually love how comically misshapen they are. Want to make your own? Here's how...
- For each letter, you'll need two pieces of fabric, 1/4 yard each for letters this size.
- Sandwich the two pieces of fabric with the pattern facing in.
- Draw a template on the backside of one piece of fabric for each letter.
- Cut the letters slightly larger than you want them so you have room to sew.
- Sew each letter just as you would a pillow, leaving a small hole to flip them right side out.
- HINT: do not sew the holes inside of the letters (like the A for example) or else you won't be able to flip it. I sewed the hole in the center of the A after flipping the fabric.
- Stuff each letter with Polyfill and hand sew the opening. That's it!
Don't worry if they aren't perfect.
The more mistakes you make, the more character they'll have!