For my birthday last month my mom bought me an adorable mini loaf pan and I finally put it to use last weekend. I decided to try a new recipe. Adapted from this Pepperoni Pizza Puffs recipe, these mini pizza loaves, served with marinara sauce for dipping, are perfect for a simple homemade lunch.
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 cups milk (preferably whole but I used lowfat)
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups pepperoni slices (chopped up)
- 1 jar of your favorite marinara sauce
Preheat oven to 375 degrees and combine the dry ingredients.
Whisk in 2 eggs and milk.
Shred the cheese, chop the pepperoni, and add them to the mixture. Stir together. The consistency should resemble muffin batter.
Grease your pan and divide the mixture evenly. You can use a cupcake pan to bake these too. If you do, bake them for about 20 to 25 minutes. I baked my mini loaves for about 45 minutes, using a toothpick to make sure the centers were cooked through.
Let them cool for a couple of minutes and serve with warm marinara sauce!