Make a friend their favorite drink... to have year round! These no-sew felt cocktail ornaments are the perfect gift because not only are they cute on a tree, they'll look great displayed all year.
What you'll need:
- felt (I try to use wool felt as much as possible but that tends to get expensive)
- thin cardboard (I always keep cardboard scraps when I come across them for projects like this)
- hot glue
- paper or cardstock for the template
- rick rack or ribbon
- Create a template for the drink of your choice. If you don't want to freehand it, find a photo online and print it out.
- Cut out your felt pieces as well as a cardboard piece for the inside (make this smaller).
- Glue your cardboad piece to your "glass".
- Add the ribbon or rick rack.
- Now glue a piece of black felt to the back. Your cardboard and your ribbon should be sandwiched between the gray and the black at this point.
- Trim the black felt so it's just slightly larger than the gray.
- Glue the "ingredients" of your drink to the front and you're all set!