What's better than a handmade valentine? A handmade valentine diorama! As I was making these, I got a little nostalgic. I don't think I've actually made a diorama since about 4th grade. Well, I'm pleased to tell you, that just like riding a bike, you never forget how to make one of these little guys!
What you'll need:
- an empty box (a shoebox might be a bit large, I used the little boxes that my printer ink comes in)
- wrapping paper (I found mine in the dollar section at Target)
- construction paper
- ribbon or rickrack (felt rickrack also found at Target)
- little hearts, stickers, confetti, etc. (I found the red hearts on sticks at the dollar store)
- a cute photo printed and cut out (a personal photo, a vintage Valentine, Lucy and Ricky... you get the drift)
- hot glue
Making the diorama is pretty self explanatory, and like I said, it will really bring back some memories! The only tip I have that I wish I'd discovered in 4th grade, is to use one long piece of construction paper glued to each side for the background. A single piece of paper makes a nice seamless backdrop!