On Saturday I had a hankering for some pasta salad but wanted to try something a little different. I'd never made anything with orzo before so I decided to give it a try. Well... I'm hooked! Adapted from this recipe, this salad is easy to make however you like.
- 2 cups orzo
- 1 ripe tomato
- 1/2 cup pitted, halved kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons orange juice
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
Cook the orzo according to the package directions. To make the dressing, combine the olive oil, lemon juice, orange juice, basil, salt, and pepper. I used basil leaves from my tiny basil plant so I didn't really need to chop them.
Toss the orzo and the dressing. Add the tomato, olives, sun dried tomatoes, and bell peppers.