This month I'm all about comfort food! The weather is finally cooling down and it's time to start baking/cooking more. So, I was thinking... what could be better than a grilled cheese and a bowl of homemade soup? It took me a while to find the flageolet beans for this recipe. I ended up finding them at Whole Foods. If you can't find them, I think white kidney beans would work well too.
- 12 oz. dried flageolet (or white kidney) beans
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped, flat-leaf parsley (I forgot this, but it was still delicious)
Put all of the ingredients, excluding the parsley, into a slow cooker or large pot.
Add 5 cups boiling water and stir. Cover and cook until most of the water is absorbed and the beans are tender. It took about 5 hours for my beans to finally cook all the way through.
Stir in parsley, drizzle with a little more oil and enjoy!