It's time for a new recipe! I found these muffins via Martha Stewart and just had to give them a try. They would be perfect to serve with some chili during the Super Bowl.
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus more for the tin, melted
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons fresh or frozen (thawed) corn kernels
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Brush the cups of a muffin tin with melted butter, and set aside. Whisk together buttermilk, eggs, and sour cream until combined, and set aside. Whisk together cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, jalapenos, and corn until combined. Fold buttermilk mixture into cornmeal mixture until well combined. Fold in melted butter.
Divide batter among muffin cups, filling each three-quarters full. Bake until a toothpick inserted into centers comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Let muffins cool in tin 5 minutes.
Serve with butter. They taste best when hot. Enjoy!